FALL STATE MEETING NOTICE[07.16.2014]
The WUM fall state meeting will be held on Saturday October 4th in Miles City. The Miles City chapter has arranged a no host banquet and mixer on Friday night at the Trails Inn Bar down town on Main Street beginning at 6:00pm. This will be followed by a comedy performance at the same location. On Saturday the 4th the meeting will be held at the VFW club on the corner of 6th and Palmer Street. Breakfast will be held at the same location and will be available from 7:00am until the start of the meeting. A block of rooms have been set aside at the Comfort Inn at a discount price for all attendees but the manager would request that reservations be made by no later than September 20th. The phone number for the Comfort Inn is 406-234-3141 and inform them that you are with WUM to receive the room discount. Please make your reservations as soon as you feel comfortable about who is coming. If you have questions please contact Duncan Bartholomew at 406-951-2633.
To: Regional Directors, Chapter Presidents and other information providers
At the October 2010 State meeting, the Board approved creating policy for all incoming information for our website and Fish Tales magazine. The goal of this policy is to improve and ensure that all information is equally distributed to both media. In addition, the Board approved creating the Communications Director position to receive, document and route the information and develop goals for gathering information that would be of interest and benefit to our membership. Therefore, all information needs to be routed through this email address; email@example.com. This is not to say that you cannot send information directly to the Webmaster or Fish Tales Editor but does require that you also include this email address with your correspondence.
1. Notify Regional Directors, chapters and other information providers of this policy.
2. Create an email communications network to gather monthly information such as fishing reports or chapter events and projects. This person can be a member, a business such as a marina, sporting goods business or a biologist or warden, etc. Please return contact person’s information ASAP.
3. In the month preceding Fish Tales publication, send reminders to Regional Directors and chapters that “chapter chatter” and other information they wish to have published needs to be submitted.
4. Remind Regional Directors and chapters to solicit advertising for our news media. It was again discussed at the meeting that all chapters need to contact their local businesses and/or gather the business information and send it to the Membership Administrator who will send the solicitation.
LONG RANGE GOALS:
1. Obtain input from all interested persons for information variety that would be of interest to our members.
2. Offer discount advertising to businesses that commit to annual advertising for our website and Fish Tales magazine. Goal is to evaluate this option and send it to current businesses ASAP.
3. Other suggestions?
1. Fish Tale articles are due prior to December 31st, preferably by December 20th. Suggested articles are, but are not limited to; chapter chatter, and an update of all projects that were done in 2010, and future scheduled events, and your 2011 chapter banquet info, and chapter officer changes.
2. Contact your local businesses for advertising and leave the website advertising form with them -or- if you want the application mailed to them (1)Fill in the applicable information and mail the form to: Mike Sedlock, PO Box 1293, East Helena, MT 59635-1293 -or- (2)Email the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. *Note: The website advertising form can print it from our website.
3. Send your ideas back to me for Long Range Goals before December 20, 2010.
4. Reminder that when you complete your 2011 officer election, email me the officer updates so that we can update the website and they also will be forwarded to Nora and Fish Tales Editor. Please use the wum-news email address.
Your chapter’s fiscal year 2010 taxes must be filed prior to March 1, 2011. Doris Leader from CHMS is our new account person. Mail your tax info to her at; Doris Leader, 741-3rd Avenue South, Glasgow, MT 59230 or email them to; email@example.com. If you mail them it is advised to send them by certified mail and if you email them check the delivery notice option box. These delivery recommendations are advised so that you have a delivery receipt in case problems occur.
I look forward to coordinating with everyone and hope to have a lot of input back from everyone.
Mike Sedlock, Communications Director
PO Box 1293
East Helena, MT 59635
Phone: (C) 465-0031
2014 Nomination Forms
Club Forms and Applications
2014 Kids Day Forms
2014 Fishing Tournament Applications
Fort Peck Challenge Tournament Applications
Rock Creek Tournament - Fort Peck - June 7-8
Hell Creek Tournament - Fort Peck - July 26-27
MT Governor's Cup - Fort Peck - July 10-12
Wee Walleye Award
Walleye Circuit Tournament Applications
Tiber Walleye Tourney - Lake Elwell - July 26-27
Fresno Walleye Challenge - Fresno - June 14-15th
Fall Classic - Crooked Creek, Fourchette Bay - August 9-10th
Canyon Ferry Walleye Festival - Canyon Ferry - June 28-29th
Other Tournament Applications
Broad Water Rod and Gun Club
John Arnold Derby
Glasgow Fort Peck Womens Tournament
WALLEYES UNLIMITED OF MONTANA MISSION STATEMENT
Walleyes Unlimited of Montana (WUM) is the largest sport fishing organization in Montana with over 4,000 members. It was formed and incorporated in 1983 to inform and educate the public about the importance of warm water sport fishing in Montana and to support building and maintaining suitable warm water fish hatcheries and develop a hatchery program which can accommodate the needs of warm water fishing. Montana walleye sanctioned tournaments require that you be a member of WUM to fish these tournaments in order to collect prize money. WUM has no administrative authority for any tournament; they are administered by a separate board of directors.
The mission of WALLEYES UNLIMITED OF MONTANA is:
The organization is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and/or scientific purposes or to foster national or international sports competition under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue code.
Improve and conserve walleye and other warm water fish in suitable bodies of water:
Organize and educate fisherman to promote walleye and warm water fishing:
Develop and maintain forage fish programs in suitable bodies of water:
Support building and maintaining suitable warm water fish hatcheries and develop a hatchery program which can accommodate the needs of warm water fishing:
Support any worthwhile fishing, hunting, wildlife or recreational program organized for pleasure, or other non-profitable purpose:
Dedicate its members by social and educational means to the conservation and propagation of warm water fish; to support true sportsmanship in a lawful and legal manner among those who fish; to promote and encourage good fellowship among sportsmen; to encourage support of fish and game laws; to work for the respect and knowledge of the just rights of property owners’ and to work for, support and encourage a close, friendly relationship between property owners and sportsmen:
Dedicated to introducing youths to fishing; educate them to become ethical and responsible sportsmen that respect and conserve fish and wildlife, respect and preserve our public lands and public access and abide by fish and game laws and acknowledge the just rights of property owners.
Have a positive presence in our local Chapter communities through participation in worthwhile projects and activities.